Schedule FM radio recording?

Computer problems giving you a headache? Hopefully we can help! We have many very knowledgeable users that willing to help.

Topic author
JoeLouie

Schedule FM radio recording?

Post #1 by JoeLouie » 4 years ago

There is a radio show on once a week that I like to listen to, but the problem is that I'm rarely ever listening to the radio at this time (Sunday, 6PM-8PM). Every once in a while I might catch the beginning of it it I happen to be on my way home from work at that time, but that's it I'm lucky.

Unfortunately due to legal/copyright/royalty reasons it's not available as a podcast, because that would make this whole thread irrelevant :p issed:

I'd like to be able to record the radio show, and put it on my phone in mp3 format so I can listen to it when I'm in my work van sometime during the week. I searched and couldn't come up with any solution that would work aside from manually recording it. I'm up for anything you guys can think of. I'd prefer to find a solution that works with Windows, but I'm not completely against setting up a Linux box just to be able to do this if that's the only way, but I just remember having a hell of a time getting either tuner card (Hauppauge PVR-150 and Leadtek WinTV 2000XP or something like that) working with Ubuntu last time I tried.

I also have a radio downstairs next to the PC that I could hook up to the mic jack on the PC and record that way if necessary, but I'd prefer to do it all on the PC without having to make sure the radio is on.

So... any ideas?

Eyerex

Post #2 by Eyerex » 4 years ago

Is it available on the web as you could use RarmaRadio to do scheduled recordings

Bought the software years ago to do recordings of radio shows which were on in the early hours think it only cost me about £12 also found the person who wrote the software to be very helpful as when i had a small problem he got back to me the same day and within a few days an update came out with fix
Last edited by Eyerex on Mon May 13, 2013 8:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

Topic author
JoeLouie

Post #3 by JoeLouie » 4 years ago

Thanks Eyerex. I knew you'd come through for me lol. My local station that plays it isn't available on the internet (well, it is, but only from the embedded player on their site, which is useless in this situation), but the same radio show is played on a few different stations across the country, so I'll be able to record it.

As a bonus, since there's a 4 hour time difference between me and the other side of the country, I can still catch the one that played here 3 hours ago :cool:

Eyerex

Post #4 by Eyerex » 4 years ago

Sometimes if you have a site with an embedded player look at the page code and try and find the playlist which can be added into RarmaRadio

not sure if it still works but did it a few times years ago to add stations if you add link to site i dont mind seeing if it can be added
Last edited by Eyerex on Mon May 13, 2013 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eyerex

Post #5 by Eyerex » 4 years ago

Ps Tunein Radio app on ios can do scheduled recordings for one station just not sure about the Android version or if you can copy recordings to another device

Topic author
JoeLouie

Post #6 by JoeLouie » 4 years ago

"Eyerex" wrote:Sometimes if you have a site with an embedded player look at the page code and try and find the playlist which can be added into RarmaRadio

not sure if it still works but did it a few times years ago to add stations if you add link to site i dont mind seeing if it can be added

I had already tried that, but feel free to give it a shot.

This is the address for their flash player: http://player.evanovradio.com/CKHYFM/

I've look through the source code and don't see anything useful. It's all flash and javascript.

Topic author
JoeLouie

Post #7 by JoeLouie » 4 years ago

RarmaRadio will work for what I need. It's just the radio show on Sunday nights that I care about recording, and I can easily enough get it from one of the other stations across the country.

I had scheduled it to record last night, but it didn't work. :( I'm assuming that it's because the default recording folder is in the program's directory, but without running the app as an administrator Win7 won't let me save a file there. I changed the recording folder to my Dropbox folder, so now I can get it on my phone without even having to copy it over :cool:

Return to “Help Desk”