Time for a Poll on Windows 10

Talk about the latest and great hardware, or the newest version of your favorite software.

Have you moved to Windows 10?

Yes, Ages ago - What's taking you so long to catch up?
75%
Hell No, I'm happy with Windows 7. Why would I bother?
13%
Soon but I really don't want to leave Win 8 (or 8.1)
13%
Windows, what the hell is Windows? MACs forever silly!
No votes
Linux you fool. Microsoft has got it's last Dime outta me!!
No votes

Total votes: 8

Topic author
Jim

Time for a Poll on Windows 10

Post #1 by Jim » 1 year ago

Please advise where you stand. Just want to know... :rolleyes:

Regards,

Jim :thumbsup:

TinBin

Post #2 by TinBin » 1 year ago

as for me i like windows 10

but in the end every one got to upgrade or buy win10

cost win 7 will end in a few years time....

.\|.<(+_+)>.|/.((The name says it all!))\|.<(+_+)>.|/.
-?=?‡?=?-((I hate mean people - Share or be gone!))-?=?‡?=?-
???(`?[???? ((I don`t command respect - I earn it)) ~????~?

JoeLouie

Post #3 by JoeLouie » 1 year ago

I've been using Window 10 so long I'm practically using Windows 11 :lol:

Eyerex

Post #4 by Eyerex » 1 year ago

Been using from when it first came out and very happy

Tron

Post #5 by Tron » 1 year ago

I was using it, but I went back to Windows 7 because there were programs that it prevented me from using, and I also did not like what I read about how it sends data back about my computer to the Microsoft Gestapo.... :pcown:
"Fight Crime: Shoot Back!"

ripper007

Post #6 by ripper007 » 1 year ago

I started using windows 10 when it first came out for BETA testing.
have all my pc's and devices running windows 10.
Windows 10 pro works good. I like the improved updates. its been running smooth and stable.
It does seem like almost every install of windows 10 kind of is different every time. sometimes its a very smooth install with no issues. other times after install, it just runs slow and has issues with apps, just glitchy. wiping the drive, format , reinstall with same installation, the install goes smooth and windows 10 runs good with no issues. I have not found no reason or why this happens.
on good thing about windows 10. once you install it and its registered with Microsoft. you can do a clean install with out inputting a key, when it goes on line it will auto activate.
I still use windows 7 on a couple of computers, or actually on extra SSD drives, manually quick switching out drives for booting to 7 and 10.
and some for dual boot to Suse Linux.

TinBin

Post #7 by TinBin » 1 year ago

ive just read that

dx12 games will only work on windows 10

.\|.<(+_+)>.|/.((The name says it all!))\|.<(+_+)>.|/.
-?=?‡?=?-((I hate mean people - Share or be gone!))-?=?‡?=?-
???(`?[???? ((I don`t command respect - I earn it)) ~????~?

Topic author
Jim

Post #8 by Jim » 1 year ago

Gents,

I forgot to put an Option for guys like me. :? I'm still running Win 7 (and love it) and hated Win 8 (even though I bought 2 licences) => but I'm moving anyway from Win 7 because you've got to keep up!

Windows 7 was released in 2009 (OMG where is the time going...) and it's now 7 years old. Definitely time for a change.

I've moved a Gamer Box (for my son), a old Laptop, and yesterday my HTPC (which is more of a Tunes Box - I'm into FLAC these days having almost abandoned MP3s except for the car and my iPhone (I did a couple Laptops for friends. One a 32 Bit machine.) I don't bother too much with Movies these days. Just a concert or two on Blue Ray from time to time. => all Boxes to Win 10 64 bit.

I've only got my wife's PC and mine to get done before July 29th when the free upgrade expires. She really only does web surfing, email, and office apps (probably could make due with Win 98 :lol: ) but I'll migrate a Plextor SSD that's presently in my Box (only 120 Gigs) for her Win 10 and Applications. I'll put in a separate Data Drive. This has become my new normal for desktops these days.

I ordered a Samsung 850 Evo Series MZ-75E250B/AM 250GB 2.5IN SATA III from NCIX for my Rig. I need a little more space for applications (like Video Editing - if I ever get the time again). Of course I have quite a few Data Drives I plug in from time to time. :pcown:
Regards,

Jim :thumbsup:

Return to “Hardware/Software Talk”