OPTICAL-EDGE needs YOUR HELP!

Check in often to keep up on what's happening on the site! (Only mods and admins may start threads in here)

Topic author
Nastyboy132

OPTICAL-EDGE needs YOUR HELP!

Post #1 by Nastyboy132 » 12 years ago

Hey guys...it seems it's time to pass the hat once again. I hate doing this every year, but love it in a way also. I hate to ask for support to keep the site going, but at the same time, the resulting donations always make me feel we're doing something worthwhile here.

The hosting package we're oving to will be on a FASTER FASTER FASTER ...MUCH more relaible server. We're going to have capabilites we never had before and I can't wait. We're making a change to a paid board software also, giving us much much more control over everything related to the site. We've got a newly designed portal back, and LOTS of great features integrated and ready to roll. All we need is the hosting....and well JoeLouie paid for the board software (169.99US) out of his pocket, so we'd like to recompensate him for some of that also. Joe has the exact dollar amount of the hosting, and a couple different options so I'll let him fill in those blanks.

Guys and girls I must say this is the first time I've been worried about OE/CDRETC remaining a user paid site. We're getting down to the end of the hosting here and would like to switch over ASAP to get you guys using the new stuff. BTW this year paid members will have their own usergroup, and their own priviliges.

Any donations can be made to JoeLouie over paypal(I don't have a credit card, and probly never will-hate the things) So PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE PLEASE guys toss a few bucks into your home on the net.

Don't mind me. Just my madcow acting up.

JoeLouie

Post #2 by JoeLouie » 12 years ago

Wellllllcome to the woooooorld of tomorroooow!

*clears throat*

Hello all, as nasty said, the host that we're moving to is going to be alot better. The new site is going to be awesome, I guarantee that. I've been putting a lot of time into it to make sure that it's got everything that this site has, plus a few extra bonuses.

With that being said, we have 2 choices for the hosting. Basically, what it boils down to is how long we want to sign on for. If we sign on for the hosting for 1 year it's $9.95/month (totaling $119.40 CDN for 1 year, or ~$99 USD), but if we sign on for 2 years, it's 7.95/month (totaling $190.80 CDN for 2 years or ~$158 USD).

The forum software (vBulletin) that we are going to be using is much better supported, and will allow us to do things that just aren't possible with our current forum (phpBB). The downside is that it's not free... $160 USD ($197.75 CDN) to be exact. I've paid for that out of my pocket. If we manage to raise enough money to cover it, that's awesome! If not, I'm not worried about it... consider it my present to Optical-Edge :)

Last but not least, here is the link to donate. I'll keep an eye on it and keep you guys up to date on the progress.

Btw, thanks for even taking the time to read this/these post(s). I know how much this site means alot to me, and the rest of the admin team, and I'm going to do whatever I can to keep it going for as long as I can.

This is JoeLouie signing off... you stay classy OE.

MrJoshua

Post #3 by MrJoshua » 12 years ago

Ok fellas, ill shoot $20US (damn the exchange rate :( ) your way right now :) , maybe in a month or so i will be able to help some more (i have had a unexpected run in the tax office that i have to clear up next month LOL )
cheers fellas for the great board, i hope we can generate enuff cash to keep us going :)
cheers :) :)

EDIT i actually see you requested canadian funds, so i sent $25CAN :) should be there now.

JoeLouie

Post #4 by JoeLouie » 12 years ago

MrJoshua wrote:Ok fellas, ill shoot $20US (d4mn the exchange rate :( ) your way right now :) , maybe in a month or so i will be able to help some more (i have had a unexpected run in the tax office that i have to clear up next month LOL )
cheers fellas for the great board, i hope we can generate enuff cash to keep us going :)
cheers :) :)

EDIT i actually see you requested canadian funds, so i sent $25CAN :) should be there now.

Thank you MrJoshua!

Btw, sorry about any confusion with the currency, I probably shoulda mentioned it, but it's late and I wasn't even thinking about it lol.

JoeLouie

Post #5 by JoeLouie » 12 years ago

Thanks a lot y2k! I did receive it :D

That puts our total up to $71.47 CDN, about $59 USD. (damn PayPal fees :( )

pinky

Post #6 by pinky » 12 years ago

$25.00 CDN sent to you approx 2 minutes ago. Hope that's okay

JoeLouie

Post #7 by JoeLouie » 12 years ago

pinky wrote:$25.00 CDN sent to you approx 2 minutes ago. Hope that's okay

That's quite okay Pinky! Thank you very much. We're at $94.94 CDN in less than 12 hours from my initial post. Thanks guys!

tarzan99

Post #8 by tarzan99 » 12 years ago

Eur 20 sent to you a few minutes ago .... every little helps :)

Topic author
Nastyboy132

Post #9 by Nastyboy132 » 12 years ago

thanks sooooo much for the support so far guys.
Don't mind me. Just my madcow acting up.

Return to “Announcements!”